Two people are dead after being stabbed at Westfield Wheaton, according to Montgomery County Police.
Police and fire and rescue personnel responded to a call at 3:17 p.m. Tuesday about an assault at Westfield Wheaton shopping mall, located at 11160 Veirs Mill Road. Two male victims were found in the lower level of the mall with apparent stab wounds. Both victims were taken to area hospitals, where they died from their injuries. One victim has been identified as Angel Alfredo Pineda-Gomez, 22, of Silver Spring. Police have not yet released the name of the second victim.
As of yet, there have been no arrests in relation to the stabbings, but Montgomery County Police spokesperson Rick Goodale said there is not an immediate cause for concern for people in the area.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Police investigating two reports of shots fired at Gaithersburg church
- Suspect convicted in murder of Gaithersburg teen
- Police investigate discovery of human remains in Brookeville
- Rockville man charged with murder of his married girlfriend
- Five arrested for armed robbery may be connected to string of MoCo crimes