Montgomery County police arrested one person for second-degree assault and cited 21 for underage drinking outside a concert at the Fillmore Wednesday night in Silver Spring.
According to Rick Goodale, a public information officer for Montgomery County police, officers cited 10 juveniles and 11 adults for underage possession of alcohol as well as 20 other adults for possession of fake IDs outside a DJ White Panda concert.
Goodale said Montgomery County police sent plainclothes and uniformed officers to the Fillmore at the request of management for public safety and after a tip they received about the possibility of underage drinking.
“We monitor this stuff,” Goodale said.
The events mostly occurred in a nearby parking garage after police saw people with open containers of alcohol and were publicly urinating. In addition to a second-degree assault charge, the one adult arrested by police was also charged with resisting arrest and obstructing a police officer.
Goodale said two were taken to a nearby hospital for possible alcohol poisoning and that public urination charges were pending for the two sent to the hospital.
A representative from the Fillmore did not respond to a request to comment on the incident by the time of publication.
- Police investigating two reports of shots fired at Gaithersburg church
- Police investigate discovery of human remains in Brookeville
- Rockville man charged with murder of his married girlfriend
- Five arrested for armed robbery may be connected to string of MoCo crimes
- Parents express concern to police about man charged with conducting illegal surveillance of kids