Metro management suspended Metrorail service between Farragut North and Gallery Place/Chinatown stations on the Red Line after a person was hit by a train approximately 10:47 a.m. on Thursday morning.
Metro spokesperson Ron Holzer said Metro personnel are investigating the incident but confirmed someone had been hit near Metro Center station. Metro spokesperson Sherri Ly later said that a woman was hit by the train, and that first responders transported the woman with non-life threatening injuries to an unnamed emergency medical facility.
Metro personnel requested shuttle buses between Farragut North and Gallery place just before 11 a.m.
Single tracking on the Red Line started at 11:40 a.m., and ended at 12:15 p.m.
- More delays on Metro Red Line due to track repairs this weekend and later in July
- Metro faces problems caused by Virginia funding law
- Metro suspends service along Red Line section for repairs
- Woman falls on tracks at Metro station, causing Red Line delays
- Metro may reduce rail service through fiscal 2019