Advertisement

Updated for:

Saturday, April 19, 2014 6:12 PM

The Sentinel Newspapers

Helpful Tools

Subscribe to:

  • RSS

Kitchen fire displaces two College Park residents


Share This Article:

Published on: Tuesday, October 15, 2013

By Jim Davis

Two College Park residents were displaced Monday afternoon after a fire erupted in the two-story house.

Just before 2:20 p.m., units from Prince George’s County Fire/EMS Department responded to a house fire in the 4800 block of Berwyn Road.

Firefighters from Branchville Volunteer Fire Department arrived on the scene just two minutes after the incident was dispatched and reported smoke showing from the first floor of the house.

According to fire officials on the scene, firefighters aggressively attacked the fire to bring it under control within five minutes on the scene.

The fire started in the kitchen and caused extensive damage to the room’s walls and ceiling.

No injuries were reported and the two people living the house will be relocated, officials said.

Reader Comments - 0 Total

captcha 75681f6ca65a4550a45c04dbcfc520a8



Advertisement:
Advertisement:

Today's Poll

Question: Which is your primary mobile device for following the news?
  • iPhone
  • Android
  • BlackBerry
  • Other smartphone
  • iPad
  • Other tablet
  • None

Most Popular

Current Issue

This Week's Issue

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Classifieds

Advertisement: