Father, son dead in apparent murder-suicide

MurderSuicideCOLLEGE PARK -- A father and his son were found  shot to death Wednesday night inside a jeep in the parking lot of a College Park apartment complex.

The two victims have been identified as 57-year-old Nasir Siddique of the 1200 block of Mikara Court in Bel Air and his son, 19-year-old Farhad Siddique of 48th Avenue, who is a student at the University of Maryland.

UMD spokeswoman Crystal Brown said, “The University of Maryland community is deeply saddened by the events that occurred last night. This is a tragedy that will be felt by our entire community. During this time of loss, we extend our deepest sympathy to the families and friends of the victims.”

Prince George's County police, along with patrol units from the University of Maryland Police Department, were called to the Park Side Apartments in the 8100 block of 48 Avenue near the University of Maryland. Farhad had been reported missing earlier that day.

According to Lt. Dave Coleman, spokesperson for the county police department, officers found the jeep while canvassing the area for Farhad, who had been reported missing earlier that day. Both males were found with gunshot wounds to the upper body and were pronounced dead at the scene.

 “We believe this was a domestic-related murder suicide,” Coleman said.

Detectives believe the father shot his son and then turned the weapon on himself. A suicide note was left by the father.

At a press conference held Thursday at police headquarters in Landover, Capt. Kevin Reilly of the Prince George's County Police Department’s Homicide unit said the case may be related to another homicide in Bel-Air.

“Investigators in Harford County are investigating the murder of Siddique’s wife. It’s believed Nasir Siddique killed his wife at their home before traveling to Prince George’s County,” Reilly said.

Harford County police say they found 48-year-old Zarqa Siddique dead of a gunshot wound to the head in the bathroom of the home she shared with Siddique at about 10:14 p.m. Wednesday. Officers had forced their way inside the home after conducting a welfare check on the residents and discovering evidence at the scene.

The family also includes another child who is attending college out-of-state.

1JimBio 1EmilyBio

Last modified onThursday, 29 September 2016 20:31
back to top