NATIONAL HARBOR – A development years in the making is finally opening its doors this Thursday, and MGM National Harbor believes the opening is going to be monumental.
The MGM National Harbor Resort and Casino, which is set to open Dec. 8 at 11 p.m., boasts 1.7 million square feet and cost approximately $1.4 billion to develop with 6,000 construction workers.
The casino is 125,000 square feet and holds 3,300 slot machines and 39 poker tables while the resort itself features a 4,000 person theater, a 500,000-square-foot convention space with attached kitchen, 15 dining options, shops and a spa.
The hotel tower scales 24 floors with 308. The entire resort is LEED Gold certified.
The parking garage will open to the public at 10:30 p.m. on Dec. 8, while most shops in the resort will not open until the next day. Room reservations will not be taken until Dec. 10.
MGM National Harbor will have approximately 4,000 permanent employees.
- Former congressman, county exec. Hogan dies at 88
- Claiming Sanctuary - Council votes to establish Hyattsville as a sanctuary city
- Carolyn Marzke named PGCPS Teacher of the Year
- Bowie budget keeps tax rate steady despite funding gap
- Whole Foods opens, transit-oriented development projects moving forward in county