NATIONAL HARBOR – A development years in the making is finally opening its doors this Thursday, and MGM National Harbor believes the opening is going to be monumental.
The MGM National Harbor Resort and Casino, which is set to open Dec. 8 at 11 p.m., boasts 1.7 million square feet and cost approximately $1.4 billion to develop with 6,000 construction workers.
The casino is 125,000 square feet and holds 3,300 slot machines and 39 poker tables while the resort itself features a 4,000 person theater, a 500,000-square-foot convention space with attached kitchen, 15 dining options, shops and a spa.
The hotel tower scales 24 floors with 308. The entire resort is LEED Gold certified.
The parking garage will open to the public at 10:30 p.m. on Dec. 8, while most shops in the resort will not open until the next day. Room reservations will not be taken until Dec. 10.
MGM National Harbor will have approximately 4,000 permanent employees.
- Council seeks options for school CIP funding
- Members of Greenbelt City Council criticize maglev project
- Festival del Rio Anacostia offers Latino community opportunity to learn about environmental issues
- Board ponders if new policies are working, admin leave down
- Residents discuss housing needs at comprehensive strategy meeting