Prince George's County Police recorded the 16th homicide of the year early Wednesday morning in Oxon Hill.
Police units from the Oxon Hill district responded to the 4900 block of Maury Place at 1 a.m. just off of Southern Avenue border with the District of Columbia for reports of a person wounded by gunshots.
According to Cpl. Nicole Hubbard, when officers and fire department personnel arrived at the scene they located the adult male victim on the sidewalk and pronounced him dead as the result of multiple gunshots wounds to his upper body
Several residents who live on Maury Place said the victim did not live on the street.
Detectives are working to establish a motive and identify the suspect(s) in this case.
Police are offering a reward of up to $25,000 to anyone who provides information leading to an arrest and indictment in the case.
- Police warn residents to not leave cars unattended
- Police, crime prevention groups offer Black Friday shopping advice
- Civil rights groups support family of man killed in police altercation
- County Police, Fire Departments Help Fight Breast Cancer
- Charging unit helps build trust between Stateâ€™s Attorneyâ€™s Office and police