LAUREL – A 35-year-old youth football coach with the Laurel Boys’ and Girls’ Club has been arrested and charged with second-degree rape and numerous other sex offenses, according to police.
The Laurel City Police arrested Warner Murphy of the 11400 block of Yardarm Way after he allegedly sexually assaulted an 18-year-old relative and her 27-year-old friend.
According to court records and Audrey Barnes, a spokeswoman for the Laurel Police Department, the 18-year-old has been repeatedly assaulted by Murphy for two years.
“Most of these offenses occurred primarily at home and mostly on a daily basis,” Barnes said.
Murphy has been a coach for the youth organization for three years. He has been released on $100,000 bond and is due back in court on March 1.
Laurel detectives believe there may be additional victims. Anyone with information should call the Laurel Police Department at 301-498-0092.
- The Prince George's County Public Safety Valor Awards
- Capital Caring opens doors to terminally ill patients in Prince George’s County, celebrates 40 years in hospice care
- County natives help Rhode Island earn NCAA tourney win
- Mitchellville prodigy drafted into the WNBA
- County's VLT spending plan contains some LDC asks