SEAT PLEASANT – Detectives from the Prince George's County Police Department's Homicide Unit need the community’s help in identifying two people who are believed to be suspects in a fatal stabbing that happened at a Exxon gas station on Tuesday.
Around 12 p.m. on Feb. 7, officers with the Seat Pleasant Police Department responded to a gas station at the intersection of Central Avenue and Addison Road. When they arrived, they discovered 34-year-old Jamal Barnes suffering from a stab wound to his upper body. He was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
“We understand there was an altercation between the suspects and the victim. We believe this was not a random act,” said Thomas Lester, a spokesperson for Seat Pleasant Police Department.
Detectives are asking people who were in the area at the time of the incident to please take a close look at the photo and video. Anyone with information is asked to call the homicide unit at 301-772-4925. A reward of up to $25,000 is being offered for information leading to an arrest and indictment in this case.
- GALLERY: Fire department battles five-alarm blaze near the University of Maryland
- Maryland State Police arrest Capitol Heights man for child pornography
- Joker's Jinx stalls, traps 24 riders once again
- Assistant fire chief named county American Legion Firefighter of the Year
- Mother pleads guilty to suffocating children in 2014