LANDOVER – Detectives from the Prince George's County Police Department's Homicide Unit took less than 48 hours to make an arrest in a fatal shooting in Accokeek.
On Wednesday, detectives arrested 24-year-old Donvain Hodges of the 13500 block of Piscataway Drive in Fort Washington and 19-year-old Cessna Blow of the 2300 block of Anvil Lane in Temple Hills in relation to the homicide of 24-year-old Donvain Hodges of the 13500 block of Piscataway Drive in Fort Washington.
Around 9 a.m., a concerned resident informed an off-duty Prince George 's County Police Officer of an unresponsive man in a car in the 3300 block of St Mary's View Road just off Danville Road. When the officer checked on the man, he discovered the man was suffering from a gunshot wound to his upper body. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
“Using investigative techniques and conducting an extensive investigation our detectives were able to arrest Hodges and Blow and charged them with first and second-degree murder and related charges," said Harry Bond, spokesperson for the Prince George's County Police.
Detectives believe a dispute over money led to the fatal shooting.
Hodges and Blow are in the custody of the department of corrections on a no-bond status.
Latest from PG Editor
- The Prince George's County Public Safety Valor Awards
- Maryland State Police arrest Capitol Heights man for child pornography
- Hyattsville takes deeper look at proposed budget increases
- Bowie council approves plan for new restaurant at town center
- 2017 Prince George's Sentinel All-County Basketball Teams and Players of the Year