DISTRICT HEIGHTS – Prince George's County Police Department Homicide Detectives were able to make a quick arrest in the county’s 12th homicide of the year that happened Friday at a District Heights apartment complex.
Around 11 p.m., police and fire/EMS units from Prince George's County responded to Regency Square Apartments in the 1900 block of Rochell Avenue in District Heights. Upon arrival, they found Roger Allen, 45, of no fixed address, had been stabbed in his upper body by his girlfriend, Melba Williams, who lived in the apartment.
Police said county paramedics transported Allen to a trauma center where he was pronounced dead a short time later. Police arrested Williams on the scene and charged her with first and second-degree murder, in addition to assault. She was being held without bond on Saturday.
Police said the preliminary investigation revealed that Allen and Williams, who were involved in a romantic relationship, got into an argument, which led to the fatal stabbing.
The homicide remains under investigation. Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the Prince George’s County Police Department’s Homicide Unit at 301-772-4925.
- GALLERY: Fire department battles five-alarm blaze near the University of Maryland
- Maryland State Police arrest Capitol Heights man for child pornography
- Joker's Jinx stalls, traps 24 riders once again
- Assistant fire chief named county American Legion Firefighter of the Year
- Mother pleads guilty to suffocating children in 2014