BRANDYWINE – A 48-year-old mother was arrested Thursday night by Prince George's County Police after she shot and killed her 17-year-old son inside their home.
Around 9 p.m., police and fire/EMS units from Prince George's County responded for a report of a shooting in the 6200 block of Buckler Road just off of Brandywine Road.
Upon arrival, police located Christopher Perry suffering from a gunshot wound to his upper body. He was transported by U.S. Park Police helicopter to a trauma center, where he died a short time later.
Detectives arrested Angelique Chase on the scene after she admitted to her involvement in the county’s 13th homicide of the year. She is charged with second-degree murder along with other assault charges.
Police say Chase and her son were involved in an argument prior to the fatal shooting. She is in custody of the department of corrections.
- The Prince George's County Public Safety Valor Awards
- Capital Caring opens doors to terminally ill patients in Prince George’s County, celebrates 40 years in hospice care
- County natives help Rhode Island earn NCAA tourney win
- Mitchellville prodigy drafted into the WNBA
- County's VLT spending plan contains some LDC asks