Just after 1 p.m. Tuesday officials from The Ramada Motel in the 9100 block of Baltimore Avenue in College Park requested Prince George's County Police and Fire Department to check on the welfare of a woman in one of their rooms.
"When patrol units arrived on the scene they found an adult female in her 20s dead inside a motel room on the top floor of the two-story motel," said Julie Parker, spokesperson for Prince George's County Police. "At this time we are calling it a death investigation."
Parker said the body will be taken to the medical examiner's office in Baltimore to determine the cause of death.
This story will be updated when information becomes available.
- College Park pushes for changes to allow citizens more access to petitions
- College Park continues search for new city manager
- Coalition discusses safety concerns for Route 1
- College Park Council votes to amend charter to prevent discrimination
- College Park chooses to renovate city hall despite pleas to delay decision