Just after 1 p.m. Tuesday officials from The Ramada Motel in the 9100 block of Baltimore Avenue in College Park requested Prince George's County Police and Fire Department to check on the welfare of a woman in one of their rooms.
"When patrol units arrived on the scene they found an adult female in her 20s dead inside a motel room on the top floor of the two-story motel," said Julie Parker, spokesperson for Prince George's County Police. "At this time we are calling it a death investigation."
Parker said the body will be taken to the medical examiner's office in Baltimore to determine the cause of death.
This story will be updated when information becomes available.
- mBike arrives in University Park as Hyattsville also considers contract
- Community, UMD support College Park Metro development
- Flyers from white supremacist group rile the University of Maryland, George Washington campuses
- Warm weather may be the cause of high crime rates in College Park
- New tech companies, grocer to build in College Park