WASHINGTON?- The Washington Mystics defeated the Connecticut Sun 69-63 on June 24. Washington Mystics center Emma Meesseman had a career-high of 22 points to help take down the Sun and their league-leading winning streak.
Ivory Latta and rookie Bria Hartley combined for 24 points in a much needed victory for the Mystics.
The Bowie Baysox blanked Richmond 3-0 on June 28. Bowie Baysox starting pitcher Tyler Wilson earned his 10th victory of the season. Wilson pitched seven innings and had nine strikeouts while only allowing two hits during an impressive outing. Bowie Baysox infielder Christian Walker was an offensive force with three hits and an RBI as well.
Local stars commit to Bowie State
Bowie State University bolstered their football roster with some local talent. Seven former Prince George's high school stars signed their National Letters of Intent. The athletes who will be dawning black and yellow gear next season are: Steven Rivers and Robert Wigfall of Suitland, three-year starter Malcolm McCoy of Fredrick Douglass, Wise team leader in tackles Kyle Jackson, Claude Clark of Forestville, and Devonta High of Fredrick Douglass.
- Former Northwestern basketball star moves closer to home
- PGCC baseball to host Region XX tourney, BSU softball falls in finals
- Dixon to take over at Coppin State, BSU softball wins again
- Bowie State honors alum with building name, scholarship fund
- Bowie State softball sweeps doubleheader, Wilson an All-American