WASHINGTON?- The Washington Mystics defeated the Connecticut Sun 69-63 on June 24. Washington Mystics center Emma Meesseman had a career-high of 22 points to help take down the Sun and their league-leading winning streak.
Ivory Latta and rookie Bria Hartley combined for 24 points in a much needed victory for the Mystics.
The Bowie Baysox blanked Richmond 3-0 on June 28. Bowie Baysox starting pitcher Tyler Wilson earned his 10th victory of the season. Wilson pitched seven innings and had nine strikeouts while only allowing two hits during an impressive outing. Bowie Baysox infielder Christian Walker was an offensive force with three hits and an RBI as well.
Local stars commit to Bowie State
Bowie State University bolstered their football roster with some local talent. Seven former Prince George's high school stars signed their National Letters of Intent. The athletes who will be dawning black and yellow gear next season are: Steven Rivers and Robert Wigfall of Suitland, three-year starter Malcolm McCoy of Fredrick Douglass, Wise team leader in tackles Kyle Jackson, Claude Clark of Forestville, and Devonta High of Fredrick Douglass.
- Navy rallies back to beat Tulsa, Bowie State dominates
- Bowie State enters AFCA DII Top-25 for the first time ever
- Bowie St. upsets Winston-Salem St., Mofor returns to MD
- Bowie State’s Hall looking to repeat as POY, DeMatha loses
- Bowie St. picked to finish second in CIAA, five named to preseason team