Irene Pollin is known to many as sport team and arena owner but her legacy is far greater. Having lost two children she set up a medical crisis counseling center at Washington Hospital Center where she saw patients after completing graduate training. Through her charitable giving she helped change how women are diagnosed and treated for heart disease. Mrs. Pollin and her husband Abe saw their sports teams as a community asset which could bring the community together and be an agent of social change. Current sports teams owners could learn from them.
- Tribute to Amb. Richard Schifter
- View COVID-19 Data Dashboard for Montgomery County
- Should schools be reopening? Here’s what Republicans in office have to say.
- Invitation to join the Virtual Conversation on Charting the Pathway for Young and First-Time Voters: 2020 General Election, Saturday, October 24, 2020, 1:00PM
- Former Maryland coach Roy Lester was a Montgomery County icon. Now, he’s a hall of famer.
- Gaithersburg Will Hold Virtual Forums On Future Of Lakeforest
- Safe travel activities during covid
- Schools should open in person